Since being voted 2015 MobDemo winner, success hasn’t stopped for myBivy founder Tyler Skluzacek. Just last month Minneapolis news outlet Tech[dot]MN named him its 2015 Rising Star.
Some fast facts on myBivy entrepreneur:
- Tyler’s app helps ease the effect of night terrors, a symptom associated with post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Its creation was inspired by his dad, a PTSC sufferer following time spent serving the U.S. military in Iraq.
- Tyler’s first ambition after enrolling at Macalester was politics. He later switched to an Economics, Applied Math, and Computer Science triple major.
- The concept for myBivy was founded during Tyler’s first hackathon held in Washington, D.C.
- Tyler’s first Kickstarter campaign to fund the wearable and partner app grossed twenty times the original goal.
According to Tyler’s quote originally featured in TECH[dot]MN’s announcement post, “I’ve had my sights set on grad school…but with myBivy becoming what it has so fast, it’s clear there’s a world of possibilities that entrepreneurship has to offer. We’ll see where this takes me.”
What’s next for Tyler this year?
myBivy debuting for Fitbit, Apple and Android in early 2016.
Read more about Tyler in our post announcing him as 2015 MobDemo winner.
Want to know more about MobCon attendees and their predictions for the latest trends. Read our annual research.