How does the application process work?
Click apply, fill out the requested information, and submit no later than midnight February 28, 2017. After you have submitted your application, your mobile app will be reviewed by MobDemo Advisers (leading mobile industry experts).
The high level criteria used in the evaluation will include:
- UI/UX: Is it easy to use? Is it intuitive? Is the experience pleasing?
- Do you have an understanding of your market? Can you differentiate in the market?
- Have you vetted how this will be a successful application?
- How do you plan to monetize your application? What is your funding model?
How to participate in the MobDemo contest?
If you’d like to participate in the MobDemo contest, just indicate that on the application form and our representative will contact you with details.
What happens if we are selected?
If you are selected to present at MobDemo you will be notified by March 6 and will be required to submit a PowerPoint (or other type of) presentation of your pitch. The presentation needs to be submitted by the deadline March 13, 2017.
What if we are not picked, will we be notified?
Yes, we’ll notify you.
How does the voting process work?
Your win will depends on the voting of conference attendees. The MobCon Europe mobile application have built-in MobDemo voting. All attendees will be encouraged to rate your demo on a scale of 1-5 and the cumulative score will determine the winner. Apps will be scored based on their technical merit, innovation and potential profitability.
When is MobDemo Scheduled?
MobDemo will be held as a featured event during the General Session at MobCon Europe.
- The demos will be presented by the finalists on March 26 – scheduled at 12:30 – 1:15 PM
- Winners will be announced on March 26 – scheduled at 5:20 – 5:35 PM
What are the critical deadlines I need to track?
- February 28 – deadline for applications to MobDemo
- March 6 – The finalists will be notified that they have been selected. All other applicants will also be notified that they have not been selected
- March 13 – Deadline for the finalists to submit their presentations
- March 26 – The finalists will compete during MobDemo at MobCon Europe
- March 26 – MobDemo winners to be announced
I have a question about the contest, who do I contact?